top of page

Craft, activity and play ideas

Public·14 members

The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love (Official Music Video) HOT!

N.B. - There's actually two mixes to this song, which are in different tunings... The album version is in standard tuning and played exactly as I show here (see a live video further down this page). The single version and music video version is 1/2 step higher in F. I believe this was done artificially in post to make the song 'pop' more on radio and music channels. Just be aware that you should jam along to live version or the album version, not the single/ music video.

The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love (Official Music Video)

Todd (VO): And the music video, of course, they absolutely nailed. It was everything I could've hoped for. The outfits, the cheesy special effects, everything works, except...maybe the drummer there. Pfft, what is it? He's not even trying. Come on, dude, you're in...

Speaking of doing things, did you guys ever watch music videos on iTunes? Meaning, before they started charging for them? This is around 2003/2004, when you used to be able to go and just watch music videos on iTunes for some reason. I watched a lot of them, and I fondly remember a few of them like "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet and "Let's Get It Started" by Black Eyed Peas. This is several years before YouTube and Vimeo existed, so this was a pretty awesome deal - a bunch of music videos online all in one place.

This video - their first big music video for an international audience - reflects their throwback image in a big way. It takes place on a space ship that comes complete with a rotating round bed and a bathtub, which Justin Hawkins is taking a bath in when the music video opens. He gets out and is dried off by a giant purple thing. The rest of the video is them performing in and around the spaceship, capped off by a battle with a giant sqace squid. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
bottom of page